Rolex Milgauss was introduced in 1956, being the first watch of its kind, paying tribute to science and discovery. It was designed as an antimagnetic watch, for those that are exposed in facilities where electromagnetic fields can cause confusion with the timing of their watch. Milgauss was named because it can withstand a magnetic change of density up to 1,000 unit of a magnetic field.
This unique Rolex watch has an unusual attribute. It has a ferromagnetic shield that is resistant to powerful magnetic fields! This resistance makes the Rolex Milagauss watch the ideal tool watch for scientists and others who may encounter electromagnetic fields in the course of their day. When Rolex introduced the Milgauss in 1956, it was the first antimagnetic watch and scientists and engineers working in the fledgling nuclear power industries were very glad to have it!
Its name comes from mille (French for 1,000) and gauss (a unit of magnetic flux density). The Rolex Milgauss watch can withstand 1,000 units of magnetic density change and still perform accurately. Rolex discontinued the collection in 1988, but relented and brought it back in 2007.
Features of the Rolex Milgauss Watch:
• The Milgauss has a sporty, yet elegant look that belies its usefulness to scientists and engineers. It looks as good in a boardroom as it does in a laboratory!
• The Oystersteel case is available in just one size (40mm). The watch also has an Oyster bracelet.
• The dial is available in black, white, blue, or green.
• The orange second hand is shaped like a lightning bolt and matches the orange markers at 3, 6 and 9 o'clock.
• The green sapphire crystal is scratch-resistance and offers optimum legibility.
• It has a perpetual, self-winding, mechanical movement. • The Milgauss features the superb Rolex Calibre 3131 chronometer.
• It's waterproof to 328 feet (100 meters).
Rolex Milgauss Watches for Sale at WatchShopping.com
We carefully inspect each of our watches to ensure that they are authentic and in perfect working order. We will carefully pack your Rolex Milgauss watch in a new box and include all of the original paperwork and accessories before sending it on its way to you. We also include our own in-house warranty card. When you purchase a watch from WatchShopping.com, you can trust that you are getting a future heirloom to treasure!