When people think of American watch brands, the manufacturers that typically come to mind first are names like Hamilton, Bulova, and Timex. These are well-known players in the industry who have contributed greatly to the American watchmaking game in one way or another. However, there is a hidden gem that watch enthusiasts and connoisseurs love: Armitron.
Armitron is one of those brands that only true watch aficionados would know. It offers an array of timepieces that are aesthetically pleasing and equipped with innovative features. Indeed, some Armitron watches show off designs that look extremely complex at first sight, which has been known to put some wearers off. There have even been some complaints from wearers about not knowing how to change time on Armitron watches.
That said, you have nothing to worry about! In this article, we walk you through a quick and easy guide on how to change time on Armitron watches. Once you are through with our guide, you will see that you have nothing to fear when it comes to Armitron watches.
How To Change Time On Armitron Watches
Since Armitron offers a very wide variety of timepieces, let us focus on how to change the time on one of its most popular watches: the Armitron Pro Sport.
Armitron Chrono Pro Sport
The Armitron Chrono Pro Sport is one of the best-selling models in the American brand’s Pro Sport (Unisex) line. This $30 USD digital watch comes in a 48mm black resin case. It boasts a light gray LCD screen, which is embellished with gold accents scattered all around the watch face. The Armitron Chrono Pro Sport has quite a robust and complex-looking exterior, which can be intimidating to some. This is why we have provided a simple rundown on how to change time on Armitron watches like this below:
- First and foremost, you have to familiarize yourself with the different components of this Armitron watch. It comprises four operating buttons, with two on the left and two on the right. The upper-left button (A) is used to set the time, while the bottom-left one (B) is used to change the mode the watch is in. The upper-right button (C) is used to control the stopwatch and split time functions. Finally, you can use the bottom-right (D) button to activate the watch’s luminescent display.
- In order to change this watch’s time, you have to press the upper-left button (A). Press and hold this button until you see the watch screens blinking, which indicates that the watch is on time-set mode.
- Next, press and hold the bottom-left button (B) to activate the time set-up mode. Once the hour numbers are blinking, go ahead and press the upper-right button (C) to set the hour.
- When you are finished adjusting the hour, press the bottom-left button (B) again, and you will see the minute numbers flashing on the screen this time. To set the watch’s minutes, simply press the upper-right button (C) until you get your desired minute value.
- Lastly, to end this sequence, press the upper-left button (A) again. The watch should immediately return to time-telling mode.
A Brief Overview of Armitron Watches
Armitron is an American-based company founded by a holocaust survivor named Mr. Eugen Gluck. In his time, Gluck served as a symbol of hope to many. This was especially because he created Armitron as part of his goal to embody the American dream after going through inconceivable horrors during the war. While it was not an easy journey, Gluck’s commitment and determination were factors crucial to the success of Armitron.
Since the very beginning, Armitron has been known for manufacturing chic and budget-friendly watches. Armitron watches were meant to be stylish timepieces that bring out the individuality of a person, making the most of the synergy between outfit and accessory. This idea quickly became the foundation of the brand, which has led it to where it is now: beloved by many. In fact, there was a time when Armitron’s quartz pieces were perceived as being more luxurious than big names like Seiko and Casio. Today, Armitron is also the Official Timekeeper of the New York Yankees, which is another factor that contributes to its popularity.
Aside from being known as America’s watch, Armitron was also one of the few trailblazers of the watchmaking world in the 1980s. It was among the pioneers that led to a shift toward more digitalized systems in horology. This would become a very important part of the brand’s history, as it is known today for having an excellent selection of both digital and analog watches under its belt.
At present, Armitron offers four different collections: Galaxy, Jen Stark X Armitron, Retro, and Pro Sport. These timepieces come at price ranges of around $20 to $60 USD. These are undeniably affordable watches, even when compared to other accessible popular brands Citizen and Seiko.
Armitron is one of the best budget-friendly brands out there. It offers reliable, gorgeous watches that are just as functional as pieces from more popular watchmakers. While some Armitron models might seem complex, the brand makes sure to incorporate user-friendly components for its patrons’ convenience. Indeed, we hope that our guide has helped familiarize you with how to change time on Armitron watches. Ultimately, Armitron watches are definitely worth a try!
If you are interested in reading about non-mainstream watch brands, check out this guide on the AVI-8 Watches!
Photo Credits: Armitron Website